· SurroGay works as an entry point for Intended Parents that are seeking information. In an initial call, we can help you decide if this program is for you, we will explain the surrogacy process with the clinic in Colombia, the pros and the cons, the costs involved and the legal implications in your country of residence.
· Intended Parents will then be introduced to our clinic, in Bogota. The contact from then on is directly with the clinic, staff speak English, so you don't have to worry about it. Surrogay will be involved - if needed - in supporting and facilitating Intended Parents from A to Z for the entire duration of the process.
· The Intended Parents and the Surrogacy Clinic (in Bogota) will sign an agreement where they will specify all the details of the program (the contract is in Spanish and English, so you know what you're signing). You can get this contract before you travel to Colombia so you can read it and make any comments. You will need to plan a trip to Bogota for around 5 days.
· The Intended Parents will also sign an agreement with the surrogate. Surrogates are the most important part in this process, and they are expected to be treated as such.
· The Clinic needs two or more sperm samples from the Intended Father (you'll do all the work). The samples will be processed and kept frozen.
· HIV+ Intended Parents can also become fathers, viral load must be undetectable and overall health fine. Being HIV+ is not a fertility issue anymore.
· You will also undergo a psychological assessment with the in-house psychologist.
· The embryologist will then decide the best option for egg donation, to maximize the chance of success while complying with the local legislation in this topic.
· You will then leave all in hands of the embryologist and the gynecologist. They will harvest the eggs from the donor, create embryos, prepare the surrogate and transfer the embryo(s).
· Once you have a positive pregnancy test, the countdown starts. It might take more than one transfer to get pregnant, but you will get there.
· 9 months later, you will be holding a baby in your hands. During these nine months you will have direct contact with the surrogate, the doctors and get information about the medical check-ups and well-being of both the surrogate and your baby, etc. you can travel and be present during one of the echos (it is amazing!!) or simply follow everything online. If needed, the contact with the surrogate can be facilitated or guided by e in-house psychologist or Surrogay.
· Before traveling back home, you will need to arrange a few legal documents. Depending on each nationality, the process is different. Prepare to experience your own local bureaucracy abroad. The in-house lawyer will help you navigate this.
· Travel back home and enjoy your baby.
Contact us for more information.
This is a program that guarantees you will become dad(s). One amount with no hidden or surprise costs. Contact us to find our more about the costs of this process.